Cori's Custom Suit
Hurray! Cori's Freedom Teller suit is finally here!
It's a long-time wish come true. Cori now has an outfit that not only speaks to her chivalrous side, but also looks right at home beside Amara's gothic elegance.
It's a landmark achievement, given how rare gender-neutral outfits—and especially well-tailored suits for female dolls—are in this hobby, particularly for Cori, whose measurements are non-standard. So when the preorder for this suit went up, I spent a long time deliberating over whether to go all in despite the luxury price tag.
A shout-out goes to the BJD Discord members who boosted my confidence with their glowing reviews of Freedom Teller's craftsmanship, as well as the tailors who shared their insights on the difficulty of sewing well-tailored suits. I also found it fascinating to learn that Freedom Teller is reputed to be the only BJD tailor creating proper ties.
Without further ado, Cori all dressed up:
| There are two types of ties and Cori is wearing the lace one here. |
| The pants have a zip fly and deep, functional pockets. |
| Tailored to Cori's measurements, the seams are structured and clean. |
| Cori's calves are too thick for these boots sized for Iplehouse SID Woman 😆 |
Dressing her was relatively straightforward, although getting the pants over her wide hips took a bit of effort. I held my breath while pulling them up because it was all or nothing—I was worried I'd either tear the pants or, worse, injure Cori. Thankfully, they're a truly sturdy pair of denim pants.
My photos don't do the outfit justice, but the final result is a sight to behold. Why? Because Cori looks incredibly dashing (my old C-ent phase is screaming 好帅!)! I'm especially obsessed with the way the structured jacket sits on her shoulders and how the bustier and skin-tight pants emphasize her powerful thighs. I have her standing freely, and she just radiates confidence 😍
From bubbly sunshine girl to a swoon-worthy knight (even if she does yell "motherfucker!" after getting kicked off her own horse).
Comments
Post a Comment