Welcome home, Dream!

    Dream came home to me on March 25th, just under a month after completing my layaway! I always knew Iplehouse's Leon is a handsome sculpt because I've only ever seen gorgeous faceups and owner photos of him. 

    Right away, I fitted him with his eyes and it's a match! He looks so much better with them than on my Aolingshi Zaak head, that's for sure.

    His body sculpting and proportions are stunning! In particular, I'm obsessed with the details of his hands. Although this is the slimmer Model body type and not the more muscular Superhero type, he very much looks like he came straight out of a superhero comic. My art student soul who used to study anatomy and life drawing rejoices at this luxurious resin model! 

 
 Now let's talk about posing since I purchased him with mobility thighs.

    Poseability pros: can stand securely on his two feet unassisted, sit upright without falling, hold arm poses decently, and has grooves in the hip sockets that help stabilize thighs in different angles that also produce a satisfying clicking sound. 

    Poseability cons: chest piece and torso movement is practically non-existent, can't cross one leg over the other, and the mobility thighs leave much to be desired in leg lift. Worst of all, the double-jointed knees refuse to engage all the way. 

     
Here he is: temporarily rockin' the look of an average metal band musician lol One day he'll be the King of Dreams proper! In the meantime...
 
  

 ...
I got him his raven Matthew to complete the Sandman’s iconic look! This lil' fella is the perfect size with articulated head, beak, and wings. I can almost hear his wise-cracking voice and caw. So fortunate for once the algorithm recommended me something I could still get my hands on! 
 
   

    Now there’s just one more thing on my mind, aside from getting clothes and a faceup done: upgrading the body to better match how I envision the character. I want him to have a slimmer, almost ballerino-like physique and that's why I've chosen Dikadoll's Less Muscle 75 cm body. One of my favourite aspects of Dream is that contrast of a traditionally masculine, chiselled face paired with a graceful, lithe body. In addition, the pictures of the doll body suggest greater range of poseability than my Iplehouse EID.

    A sale is currently running to the end of April, so I have some time to mull over the decision of whether or not to purchase it.
    

Comments