Shelling Dream of the Endless

    In celebration of completing my most recent layaway, I would like to dedicate this post to blorbo I'm planning to shell: Dream of the Endless, aka Lord Morpheus, aka The Sandman. 

  Disclaimer: I became a fan of Netflix’s series The Sandman in 2022 and later read the original comics the following year. In the summer of 2024, public allegations of sexual misconduct were made against author NG—the details of which deeply disturb me. I do not condone these actions and no longer support purchasing his works.

  With that said, this shelling project is neither a tribute to the Netflix adaptation nor to the comics themselves, but to the character shaped by my years of passionate fanfiction. 

  I will lovingly refer to him as my Dream—the Byronic entity who grapples with the fallout of uncreating, then recreating his masterpiece: the Corinthian. Imagine Frankenstein rewritten as a situationship, carrying the moral stakes of Paradise Lost, the tension of Pygmalion and Galatea, and the emotional maturity of two beings who refuse to communicate.

    Cue the flood of stories, spanning many genres, that begin with “they hooked up, oops” and unfold toward growth, destruction, or something messier in between.

    Now to give all this literary drama a physical form: I’ve chosen Iplehouse’s EID Leon as the shell of my Dream.


H
e has a very similar nose to the character's live-action actor. 

   Resting Bitch Face and all, need I say more?
 
    His realistic-style sculpt will fit right in with my other two dolls. Just imagine: dark, dramatic eyeshadow and contours that sharpen his cheekbones. I wish to strike a balance between the above realism with the below comic book stylization:

  

    I must mention that my pair of comic book–accurate eyes in size 14/5 may finally see the light of day. My goal is to convey to a faceup artist the brooding, gothic ethereality of my Dream.

Pictured here is the OB11 Dream I customized years prior to joining BJD hobby. He is wearing my very first pair of resin doll eyes by ashuradark in size 10/6.

    In terms of styling, I got him a wavy, long-haired wig, a pair of leather pants, a tank top, and a pair of oxfords within the same Iplehouse order—a solid starting point if I do say so myself. Sadly, I will have to gamble on ID75 sizes when it comes to purchasing the more elaborate historical / dark fantasy style clothing sets.

His Majesty is very pretty in long hair.

Standing Man Emoji 🧍🏻
 
Damn, son. You see where Amara gets her visual flair from?
 
    Now I wait for Dream to come home so I can bring him to life. I think Cori and Amara will be delighted to welcome their strange, brooding roomie.

Comments